The primary goal of our mold inspectors is to determine why you have a mold problem. The second goal of our mold inspectors is to determine how bad your mold problem is. Mold inspections look for any areas affected by mold and moisture.
- Verify water is flowing away from the property
- Inspection of the facia, eaves, and drain spouts
- Look for visual clues of moisture inside the property
Mold inspectors are detectives trying to determine why you could have mold issues. There are many questions that the inspector needs answers to about the building history, health of the occupants, and past moisture events. Answers to the following questions help our inspectors assess how and where the potential moisture concerns are originating.
High humidity is one of the strongest indications that there are moisture problems in the property.
The last step is to try to figure out what type of mold is present. The sampling strategy of our inspectors could involve taking actual swab or tape samples. Some inspectors may also recommend a mold test or an air quality test to measure the spore count in the home compared to the outside air. The samples from such tests should be sent to an independent third party lab for examination.
Identifying the moisture problem is the main goal. If there are no visual clues identifying the source of the moisture, this means that you could have hidden sources of moisture. For instance, leaky pipes inside a wall could be causing moisture but not enough to cause visual water stains. If the inspector suspects this, then they may recommend a thermal imaging test to examine the hot and cold spots in the home which will help pinpoint the area where the leak is.
A full mold inspection should take less than 1 hour. Midwest Enviro Solutions will take enough time to figure out the source of moisture, find where the mold is growing, and do proper testing. The mold inspection process is the first part of dealing with a mold concern because this inspection is used as the basis for putting together a plan, also known as a scope of work, to effectively address your mold problem.
- “Rick was absolutely the best pro I’ve ever worked with. Explained everything very well. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Wish he did more then just mold. It was a absolute pleasure to work with him”James J.
- “Rick Allen, CEO of Midwest Enviro, did a thorough job, was professional, educated us through the process and said we did not need his services after testing proved all was well with home. He is honest, thorough, effective, like-able, professional and personable. I am recommending him to others.”Joseph B.
- “They were able to schedule our appointment right away. Rick was friendly and they worked efficiently. Waiting for them to return and test the air quality following treatment. I did not know that they would not be replacing the dry wall they removed to do the treatment. Price was along lines of others we called.”Juanita H.
- “Rick from Midwest Enviro Solutions was beyond amazing! For starters, Rick’s inspection, communication and quote was extremely thorough. Secondly, he beat his competitors (two as a matter of fact) by half in price. Last but most importantly, the job was WELL DONE!! Oh and did I mention Rick’s wonderful disposition? If not, it’s certainly worth mentioning as he has an excellent way of making a nervous seller feel safe in knowing the job will be done well. Needless to say, I/we will be referring everyone to Midwest Enviro Solutions (in particular Rick). Thanks again!! 🙂”Terri R.
- “The owner was very polite and friendly. Got on the job very quickly.”Richard E S.
- “If you find that you need mold remediation, you are likely very worried and urgently require information. Call Midwest Enviro Solutions. Rick Allen is capable of educating you quickly on the remediation process and reassuring you at the same time that you home will be fine. Estimates, scheduling, updates and reports follow one another in a quick succession. Rick is accessible and responsive to inquiries. I cannot recommend him more highly.”Lynn Booth